These cookies are a big hit at my house. I have included the brown butter frosting recipe, because that is what the original recipe called for, however I think it's too sweet. I like these much better with a cream cheese frosting. I also sprinkle mine with pecans. They are super yummy. I hope you all enjoy them as much as my family does.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 t vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/8 t ginger
1/8 t ground cloves
1/2 t salt
Browned Butter Frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
3 to 4 T milk
1/3 cup butter (do NOT use margarine or spread; it will burn not brown)
1. Heat oven to 375 degree. Sift together flour & seasonings, set aside. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, & vanilla on medium speed, scraping the bowl occasionally, until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended, add pumpkin. On low speed, beat in flour mixture until well blended.
2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 45 minutes. (note: holler at the kids' as they swipe them before they are cooled and frosted)
4. In 1 quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until light brown.
5. In medium bowl, place powdered sugar, vanilla & 3 tablespoons of milk.
6. Pour browned butter over powdered sugar mixture. Beat on low speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Gradually add just enough milk to make frosting creamy and spreadable. Generouly frost cooled cookies.
1 Cookie is 190 calories